1. to fit (e.g. a pane into a frame); to insert (e.g. a cork); to fasten (a button)Usually written using kana alone
- His portrait was mounted in the fancy frame.
2. to put on (something that envelops; e.g. a ring, gloves); to place (a hoop) around; to attach (e.g. a hose to a tap)Usually written using kana alone
- She wore a diamond ring on her left third finger.
3. to pigeonhole (into a particular category); to force (into a mold); to place (restrictions) onUsually written using kana alone
4. to entrap; to take (someone) in; to set (someone) up; to deceiveUsually written using kana alone
- He set me up for the scandal.
5. to throw intoUsually written using kana alone
6. to have sex; to fuckUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Vulgar expression or word, usu. ハメる
- Even if we don't get lucky on the first try we can just keep fucking till I get pregnant.
填める 【はめる】、篏める 【はめる】、塡める 【はめる】、ハメる
填める: Rarely-used kanji form. 篏める: Rarely-used kanji form. 塡める: Rarely-used kanji form.
Log in to talk about this word.