1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- You will be called Cephas.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
喚ぶ: Rarely-used kanji form.
Log in to talk about this word.