Words — 29 found
1. start of a course; start of lecturesSee also 閉講
- ひょうげんほう 』
- かがく 』
- I'm teaching two courses, year one's "Self-expression for University Students" and year two's "Food Chemistry".
2. opening of a new course; offering a course (for the first time)
1. memorial services for the founder of the sect (esp. for Shinran in Shin Buddhism)Buddhist term
2. Hōonkōis a holiday in the tradition of Japanese Jodo Shinshu Bu... Read more
1. Buddhist service centred around the Lotus Sutra held over four days in Shiga Prefecture, starting from the 24th day of the second month of the lunisolar calendar
1. Buddhist service in which the eight scrolls of the Lotus Sutra are read one scroll at a time (one morning and one evening reading each day for four days with a different reciter each time)
1. tutor to a daimyo, etc.
2. tutor to the emperor or crown prince (Meiji period)