Words — 56 found
1. to wring (towel, rag); to squeezeesp. 絞る
2. to squeeze (fruit to extract juice); to press; to extract; to milk; to express milkesp. 搾る
3. to rack (one's brains); to strain (one's voice)
4. to extort; to exploit
5. to chew out; to reprimand severely; to rake over the coals; to give a sound scolding; to tell someone off; to scold; to rebukeSee also 油を絞る, often passive voice
6. to drill into; to train
7. to narrow down (one's focus); to whittle down
8. to gather up (curtain, etc.); to tighten (drawstring)
9. to stop down (lens)
10. to turn down (e.g. radio)
11. to bend (bow); to draw
12. to hold down; to constrict; to immobilizeSumo term
1. death by hanging; execution by hanging
2. HangingHanging is the lethal suspension of a person by a ligatur... Read more
Common word Links
1. tye-dye; tye-dyeing
2. aperture (e.g. camera, iris of the eye); aperture stop; stop
3. contraction; squeezing; choke
Common word Links
1. wet towel (supplied at table); hot, moistened hand towelUsually written using kana alone
1. to muster (one's strength)
- だ 。
- He used all his strength to crawl out of the wrecked car.
2. to strain (e.g. one's voice)
- もと 。
- We shouted for help at the tops of our voices.
振りしぼる 【ふりしぼる】、振絞る 【ふりしぼる】
2. GallowsA gallows is a frame, typically wooden, used for executio... Read more
1. to draw (a bow) to the limit
2. to pull tight; to squeeze tight; to clasp
3. to strain (voice)
引きしぼる 【ひきしぼる】、引絞る 【ひきしぼる】
引絞る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to exploit; to extort; to squeeze (someone)
2. to squeeze (e.g. oil, juice); to wring out; to press out
絞り取る 【しぼりとる】、絞りとる 【しぼりとる】、しぼり取る 【しぼりとる】、搾りとる 【しぼりとる】
1. to squeeze; to wring out
2. to narrow down; to refine
絞込む 【しぼりこむ】、絞りこむ 【しぼりこむ】、しぼり込む 【しぼりこむ】、搾り込む 【しぼりこむ】、搾りこむ 【しぼりこむ】、搾込む 【しぼりこむ】
1. to ask for trouble; to dig your own grave; to cut your own throat
- If you do that to him, he will cut your throat.
1. to drag things out; to creep up slowly on the point; to strangle (execute) slowly with a silk cord (instead of quickly with a rope)
- おねが 、
- Stop trying to make us follow all these subtle clues. I wish you would say what you want to say more clearly.
1. to chew out; to reprimand severely; to rake over the coals; to give a sound scolding; to tell someone off; to scold; to rebuke
- I gave him a stern talking to.
2. to press oil
油を搾る 【あぶらをしぼる】、油をしぼる 【あぶらをしぼる】
2. ShiboriShibori is a Japanese term for several methods of dyeing ... Read more
1. shime-waza (judo stranglehold)Martial arts term
2. ChokeholdA chokehold or choke (also stranglehold or in Judo referr... Read more
締め技 【しめわざ】、絞技 【しめわざ】、締技 【しめわざ】
1. pinioning; binding arms behind the back
2. Nelson holdA nelson hold (sometimes simply referred to as a nelson) ... Read more
羽交締め 【はがいじめ】、羽交い絞め 【はがいじめ】、羽交絞め 【はがいじめ】
羽交締め: Irregular okurigana usage. 羽交い絞め: Irregular kanji usage. 羽交絞め: Irregular kanji usage, Irregular okurigana usage.