Words — 17 found
1. to warm (e.g. one's hands over a fire); to dryUsually written using kana alone
- He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
2. to toast; to grill; to broil; to roast; to scorchUsually written using kana alone
- That was cooked in oil.
焙る 【あぶる】、烘る 【あぶる】
烘る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. roasted green tea
2. HojichaHojicha is a Japanese green tea that is distinguished fro... Read more
1. to bring into the open; to reveal; to uncover (e.g. evidence); to bring to light
炙り出す 【あぶりだす】、焙り出す 【あぶりだす】
1. basket made of bamboo or wire mesh (for drying clothes, cooking rice cakes, etc.)Obscure term
1. bouffant cloth cap (traditionally worn by elders and monks)See also 大黒頭巾
1. earthenware baking pan; parching pan
2. form of punishment in which a person is forced to walk on an oiled pipe over a charcoal fire (ancient China)Historical term, Only applies to ほうらく
焙烙 【ほうらく】、炮烙 【ほうろく】、炮烙 【ほうらく】
1. invisible writing revealed by applying heat; writing done in invisible ink
炙り出し 【あぶりだし】、焙り出し 【あぶりだし】