Words — 853 found
1. kanji; Chinese character
2. Chinese charactersChinese characters are logograms used in the writing of C... Read more
1. letter (of alphabet); character
- Oh? You can type without looking at the keyboard. That's cool!
2. writingOnly applies to もんじ
3. Writing system]] Writing systems</tr> History Grapheme List of writing ... Read more
1. numeral; figure; digit; numeric characterMathematics
2. Numerical digitA digit is a symbol (a numeral symbol such as "3" or "7")... Read more
1. character (esp. kanji); letter; written text
2. handwriting; penmanship
3. the ... word (e.g. "the L word" = "love")See also ほの字, as 〜の字
1. printing type; movable type
2. printed text; print
1. (being in) the red; deficitAntonym: 黒字
- How huge a deficit can the nation stand?
2. red letter; red writing
3. corrections (by a teacher or proofreader) written in red
1. (being in) the black; surplusAntonym: 赤字
2. black letter
1. cross (for crucifixion); the Cross (of Christ)
2. Christian crossThe Christian cross, seen as a representation of the inst... Read more
1. subtitles; captioning
2. Subtitle (captioning)Subtitles are textual versions of the dialog in films, te... Read more
1. uppercase letter; capital letterOnly applies to おおもじ, See also 小文字
- Write the alphabet in capitals.
2. large character; large writing
3. the (kanji) character "dai" meaning "big"Only applies to だいもんじ
4. huge character "dai" formed by fires lit on the side of a mountain in Kyoto on August 16 each yearOnly applies to だいもんじ
5. All capsIn typography, all caps (short for "all capitals" or "all... Read more
1. literally; to the letter
- I foolishly interpreted the idiom according to its literal sense.
- The poor dog was literally torn apart by the lion.
1. first letter of a word; capital letter (at the start of a word or sentence)
- What do the initials NTT stand for?
2. initials (of one's name)
- "Let's see, you're ... er, um ... M-" "You're wrong from the first letter!!"
1. misprint; misspelling; typo; typographical error; erratum