Words — 18 found
1. to hang one's head; to look down; to cast one's eyes downwardUsually written using kana alone
うつ向く 【うつむく】、俯向く 【うつむく】
俯向く: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. lying face down; lying on one's faceSee also 俯せる うつぶせる
2. placing upside down; placing face down
1. panoramic (view, perspective, etc.); high-level; comprehensive (manner); holistic; broad
1. lying face down; upside down; proneUsually written using kana alone
1. to turn upside down; to turn (face) downward
1. looking up and down, from heaven to earth (having nothing to be ashamed of); swearing by Heaven and Earth (having done nothing to be ashamed of)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. overlooking; looking down at; having an overhead view; having a bird's-eye view; having a high-angle view
1. to lie face down (e.g. on the ground, napping on a desk); to lie prone
2. to lower (one's head, gaze, etc.)Archaism
うつ伏す 【うつぶす】、俯伏す 【うつぶす】
俯伏す: Irregular kanji usage.