Words — 119 found
1. reverse; opposite
- She said that her husband hit her, but in fact it was the other way around.
2. converse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
3. inverse (function)Mathematics
4. Converse (logic)In logic, the converse of a categorical or implicational ... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (sudden) change; reversal; turn-around; coming from behind (baseball)
逆点: Irregular kanji usage.
1. reverse movement; retrogression; going backwards; moving in the wrong direction; running counter to (e.g. the laws of nature); running against (e.g. the tide of the times)Antonym: 順行
2. retrogradation; retrogressionAstronomy, etc. term
1. opposite effect; adverse effect; backfiring
1. rubbing the wrong way (e.g. a cat); irritating
逆撫で 【ぎゃくなで】、逆なで 【さかなで】、逆なで 【ぎゃくなで】
ぎゃくなで: Irregular kana usage. ぎゃくなで: Irregular kana usage.
1. winning after defeat seems certain; coming from behind to win
1. reimportation; reimport; reverse import; importing back
2. (cultural, etc.) reverse import (e.g. California rolls being introduced in Japan)
1. counting backwards; calculating backwards
2. inverse operation; reverse operation
1. women picking up menSlang, from 逆+ナンパ
- Then what is this I wonder? If it isn't dodgy door-to-door sales then could it be a new kind of pickup technique for the ladies?
1. reverse transcriptase
2. Reverse transcriptaseIn the fields of molecular biology and biochemistry, a re... Read more
1. reciprocal; inverse number; multiplicative inverseMathematics
2. Multiplicative inverseIn mathematics, a multiplicative inverse or reciprocal fo... Read more