Words — 10 found
1. old womanUsually written using kana alone, See also 祖母
2. joker (card)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to ばば, Only applies to ババ, See also ババ抜き
3. hag; bitchDerogatory, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to ばばあ, Only applies to ばばー, Only applies to ババー
婆 【ばばあ】、婆あ 【ばばあ】、ババ、ババア、ばばー、ババー
婆あ: Irregular kana usage.
Common word Links
1. grandmotherUsually written using kana alone, See also お祖母さん, usu. 祖母さん
- かいもの 。
- Today I'm shopping in town as well as running an errand for my grandmother.
2. old woman; female senior citizenUsually written using kana alone, See also お婆さん, 婆さん
- "The old lady of this shop is very unsociable but ..." "Taiki, I can hear you!" "Ack!"
ばーさん: Irregular kana usage.
1. Brahman (priest of Hinduism, members of the highest caste)Usually written using kana alone, From Sanskrit “brahmana”
2. Brahmanism; priest of Brahmanism
3. BrahminBrahmin (also called Brahman; from Sanskrit brāhmaṇa ब्रा... Read more
1. elderly housekeeper; elderly maidUsually written using kana alone, Familiar language, See also 爺や, also vocative
2. wet nurse; nannyUsually written using kana alone
1. slime flounder (Microstomus achne)Usually written using kana alone
1. acting without restraint; self-indulgence; wild license; eccentricity
2. being pretentious; putting on airs; foppery; dandyism; coxcombry; gaudiness
1. old maid (card game)
2. living without one's mother-in-lawSlang
3. Old maid (card game)Old maid is a Victorian card game for two to eight player... Read more
ばば抜き 【ばばぬき】、婆抜き 【ばばぬき】
1. to get the short end of the stick; to get the bad side of a bargain; to draw the joker (i.e. when playing Old Maid)Idiomatic expression