Words — 6 found
1. pity; sorrow; grief; misery; compassion; pathos
- She was in a piteous state.
2. pitiable; pitiful; pathetic; miserable
- いの 。
- He prayed to God to help the poor girl.
3. alack; alas
哀れ 【あはれ】、憐れ 【あわれ】、憐れ 【あはれ】、憫れ 【あわれ】、憫れ 【あはれ】
あはれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あはれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あはれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to pity; to feel sympathy for; to sympathize with; to sympathise with; to commiserate with; to have mercy on
2. to enjoy the beauty of; to appreciate; to admireArchaism, Only applies to 哀れむ
憐れむ 【あわれむ】、閔れむ 【あわれむ】
閔れむ: Out-dated kanji.