Words — 252 found
- January is the first month of the year.
2. age; years
- Might I ask your age?
3. past one's prime; old age
4. YearA year is the orbital period of the Earth moving around t... Read more
1. year (e.g. AD)
- くがつ ２３
- The date on the calendar was September 23, 1964.
2. counter for years
- He was let out after serving just two years of his four-year prison sentence.
1. old person; elderly person; senior citizen
- ささ 。
- The blind nurse devoted herself to caring for the elderly.
2. trustee of the Japan Sumo Association; retired high-ranking wrestler who is licensed to coach and receives retirement paySumo term
3. senior statesman (of the Tokugawa shogunate)
4. important local official (under the Tokugawa Shogunate)
5. ToshiyoriA toshiyori (年寄) is a sumo elder of the Japan Sumo Associ... Read more
年寄 【としより】、年より 【としより】
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the time; perpetuallyOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. during an era
4. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年じゅう 【ねんじゅう】、年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
JLPT N1 Links
1. yearbook; almanac; annual
2. Annual reportAn annual report is a comprehensive report on a company's... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. fiscal year (usu. April 1 to March 31 in Japan); financial year
2. academic year; school year
3. product year
1. approximate age; apparent ageSee also 年の頃
- At your age, you ought to know better.
2. marriageable age (esp. of a woman); age of maturity; age of adulthood
3. appropriate age (to ...); old enough (to ...)after modifying phrase
- It is time you got married.
4. past few years; for some yearsArchaism, See also 年来
1. annuity; pension
2. PensionA pension is a fixed sum paid regularly to a person, typi... Read more
1. seniority by length of serviceYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Nenko SystemThe seniority-wage system is the Japanese system of promo... Read more
1. years; year by year; annually; considering his age
年々 【としどし】、年年 【ねんねん】、年年 【としどし】