Words — 249 found
- January is the first month of the year.
2. age; years
- Might I ask your age?
3. past one's prime; old age
4. YearA year is the orbital period of the Earth moving around t... Read more
1. year (e.g. AD)
- くがつ ２３
- The date on the calendar was September 23, 1964.
2. counter for years
- He was let out after serving just two years of his four-year prison sentence.
1. old people; the aged
- ささ 。
- The blind nurse devoted herself to caring for the elderly.
2. trustee of the Japan Sumo Association; retired high-ranking wrestler who is licensed to coach and receives retirement paySumo term
3. senior statesman (of the Tokugawa shogunate)
4. important local official (under the Tokugawa Shogunate)
5. ToshiyoriA toshiyori (年寄) is a sumo elder of the Japan Sumo Associ... Read more
年寄 【としより】、年より 【としより】
1. years (period of)
- はたら 。
- I've worked here for ten years.
1. age; years
- せがたか 。
- He is a tall boy for his years.
1. age; era; period; date
- はじ 。
- The 1990s began with the Gulf War.
1. months and years
- How long did it take you to collect so many coins?
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the timeOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
JLPT N1 Links
1. yearbook; almanac; annual
- の 。
- This yearbook is illustrated with a lot of beautiful photographs.
2. Annual reportAn annual report is a comprehensive report on a company's... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. fiscal year (usu. April 1 to March 31 in Japan); financial year
2. academic year; school year
3. product year
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. pupil in ... year; student in ... year
- だいがく １
- These figures indicate three in five college first-year students are indifferent to politics.
1. approximate age; apparent ageSee also 年の頃
- At your age, you ought to know better.
2. marriageable age (esp. of a woman); age of independence; age of adulthood
3. appropriate age (to ...); old enough (to ...)after modifying phrase
- It is time you got married.
4. for some yearsArchaism, See also 年来
Common word JLPT N1 Links
- The elder sons are now quite independent of their father.
1. annuity; pension
- She has to live on the pension.
2. PensionA pension is a fixed sum paid regularly to a person, typi... Read more
1. seniority by length of service
- In Japan wages are usually in proportion to seniority.
2. Nenko SystemThe seniority-wage system is the Japanese system of promo... Read more
1. older; senior
- Tom is two years senior to me.
1. younger; junior
- John is my junior by two years.
1. years; year by year; annually; considering his age
- ふえ 。
- Alcohol consumption is increasing every year.
年々 【としどし】、年年 【ねんねん】、年年 【としどし】
1. elderly; age; years
- Mrs. Smith is an elderly lady.