Words — 14 found
1. (something) shopSee also パン屋, usu. 屋
- Let's all go to an all-you-can-eat Yakiniku restaurant.
2. somebody who sells (something) or works as (something)See also 殺し屋, usu. 屋, can be derog.
- ぶんし 」
- V C
- I'd like to ask a grammarian, isn't it possible to think of 'be + participle' like you do V C and such?
3. somebody with a (certain) personality traitSee also 照れ屋, usu. 屋
4. houseusu. 家
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. landlord; landladyOnly applies to やぬし, Only applies to いえぬし
2. house owner; home owner; head of the household
家主 【いえぬし】、家主 【いえあるじ】
いえあるじ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. (my) wifeHumble (kenjougo), Only applies to かない
- My wife often rings me up, while she travels abroad.
2. inside the home; one's family
やうち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. cart (esp. a food cart); stall; standSee also 屋台店
2. festival float; portable shrine dedicated to a god and shaped like a house; dancing platformSee also 踊り屋台
3. stage prop fashioned after a large building
4. framework (of a house, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 屋台骨
5. house (esp. a small and miserable house)Archaism
6. Yatai (retail)For a listed company in the Shanghai Stock Exchange, plea... Read more
屋体 【やたい】、家台 【やたい】
家台: Irregular kanji usage.
1. name of store; trade name
2. stage name (e.g. of actor)
3. YagōYagō (屋号), literally meaning "house name", is a term appl... Read more
1. searching an entire houseesp. やさがし
2. house-huntingesp. いえさがし
家捜し 【いえさがし】、家探し 【やさがし】、家探し 【いえさがし】
1. holiday granted to servants on the 16th of the first and seventh monthsArchaism
藪入 【やぶいり】、家父入 【やぶいり】
1. expensive to rent
2. wrestler ranked too high for his abilitiesSumo term