Words — 204 found
1. man; person
- This fellow is an artist!
2. human being; mankind; people
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
3. human (Homo sapiens); humans as a speciesUsually written using kana alone
4. character; personality
5. man of talent; true man
6. another person; other people; others
1. index finger; forefinger
- I burned my forefinger on fire tongs.
2. Index fingerThe index finger, (also referred to as forefinger, pointe... Read more
人差指 【ひとさしゆび】、人指し指 【ひとさしゆび】、人さし指 【ひとさしゆび】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
- The hostages will be released.
2. HostageA hostage is a person or entity which is held by a captor... Read more
1. crowd of people
- I made my way through the crowd.
人込み 【ひとごみ】、人混み 【ひとごみ】、人込 【ひとごみ】
人込: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. pedestrian traffic
- The road was clear of traffic.
1. personality; character; personal appearance; gentility
- She has a magnetic personality.
1. public gaze; public notice
- さえぎ 。
- The house is screened from view with a high fence.
1. shyness; fear of strangers; stranger anxiety
- She is shy of strangers.
2. ShynessIn humans, shyness (also called diffidence) is a social p... Read more
1. each person; people; men and women; everybody
- People used to travel on foot.
人びと 【ひとびと】、人人 【ひとびと】、人々 【にんにん】、人人 【にんにん】
1. the number of people
2. many people; a large number of people
人数 【ひとかず】、人数 【にんず】
1. figure of a person; figures of people
- The men on board were surprised to see five men on the island.
2. shadow of a person
人かげ 【ひとかげ】、人影 【じんえい】
1. society; company; the public; the world
- A person who is only a pawn in the game often talks big in company.
1. more than others; redoubled; unusual
- If I'm to become a regular, I have to work twice as hard as the rest.
1. murder; murderer
- He is no better than a murderer.
1. mistaking one person for another; (case of) mistaken identity
- When I inquired I found that it was the wrong person.
1. crowd; throng
- A crowd of people gathered around the speaker.
1. being average (capacity, looks, standard of living); ordinary
- He cannot afford the common comforts of life.
- Are those the people you saw yesterday?