Words — 146 found
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
1. to cross (e.g. road); to traverse
- み 。
- I saw her crossing the street.
1. to send; to forwardUsually written using kana alone
- Could you send someone up to pick up some laundry?
2. to hand over (e.g. money)Usually written using kana alone
- Is there someone who could help me?
寄こす 【よこす】、遣す 【よこす】
1. advance notice; previous note; preliminary announcement
- う 。
- We received an eviction notice.
1. wicked; evil
- I just bet you were thinking something perverse just now.
邪ま: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to lie down; to stretch out
2. to lie ahead (of danger, difficulty, etc.); to lie in wait
Common word Links
1. face in profile; profile; face seen from the side
- えが 。
- The portrait shows the profile of a beautiful woman.
1. bystreet; side street; back street; alley; lane
- おお 。
- This cross street is busy with pedestrian traffic.
1. turning sideways; landscape orientation
- Is snoring less likely if you sleep on your side?
1. skid; slipping or skidding sideways; shifting to another post
- きゅうしにいっしょうをう 。
- She had a narrow escape when her car skidded off the road into a lake.
1. falling over; toppling sideways
- A car lying on its side blocked the passage.
1. yokozuna (grand champion)Sumo term
1. Yokohama (city)
- す 。
- My sister lives near Yokohama.
1. horizontally; flat
- たお 。
- He fell flat on the floor.
2. across; crossways; crosswise; sideways; abreast
- ある 。
- They were walking three abreast.
1. without advance notice
- The arrangements are subject to change without notice.
1. interruption; interference; butting in
- Please don't interfere with my plan.
1. bar set in a horizontal position; horizontal barSee also 縦棒
- He who minds his Ps and Qs will not forget to dot the "i's" and cross his "t's", when writing.