Words — 148 found
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
1. to cross (e.g. road); to traverse
1. to send; to forwardUsually written using kana alone
- Could you send someone up to pick up some laundry?
2. to hand over (e.g. money)Usually written using kana alone
- Is there someone who could help me?
寄こす 【よこす】、遣す 【よこす】
1. advance notice; previous note; preliminary announcement
1. wicked; evil
邪ま: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to lie down; to stretch out
2. to lie ahead (of danger, difficulty, etc.); to lie in wait
1. yokozuna (highest rank in sumo); grand championSumo term
2. best in its field; crème de la crème; cream of the crop
1. horizontally; flat
- たお 。
- He fell flat on the floor.
2. across; crossways; crosswise; sideways; abreast
- ある 。
- They were walking three abreast.