Words — 5107 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
Common word Links
1. casual quoting particleSee also と
2. indicates supposition; if ... then
3. indicates a rhetorical questionas かって
4. indicates certainty, insistence, emphasis etc.
5. someone named...abbr. of という
6. says that...abbr. of と言っている
7. I hear that...abbr. of と聞いている
8. points to a term being defined; meansabbr. of とは, というのは
9. as for (topic marker)equiv. of は
10. Te (kana)て, in hiragana, or テ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
2. Letter (message)A letter is a written message containing information from... Read more
1. glove; mitten; mitt
2. Glovesee also the Lower Peninsula of Michigan, nicknamed "the ... Read more
2. Art exhibitionArt exhibitions are traditionally the space in which art ... Read more
1. weather forecast; weather report
2. Weather forecastingWeather forecasting is the application of science and tec... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. railroad; railway; rail transport
2. Rail transportRail transport is a means of conveyance of passengers and... Read more
2. PhilosophyPhilosophy is the study of general and fundamental proble... Read more
1. Emperor of Japan
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
天皇 【すめらぎ】、天皇 【すめろぎ】
1. younger brother; little brother; kid brotherHumble (kenjougo)
- とりちが 。
- He mistook me for my younger brother.
2. pupil; apprenticeArchaism, Only applies to てい
弟 【おと】、弟 【おとと】、弟 【てい】
おとと: Irregular kana usage.
1. power outage; electricity outage; blackout; failure of electricity supply
2. Power outageA power outage (also power cut, blackout or power failure... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. moving from place to place; being passed around repeatedly
- They were transferred from one office to another.
2. rolling about
3. Adrift in TokyoAdrift in Tokyo (Japanese title 転々, tenten) is a 2007 Jap... Read more
1. ladderUsually written using kana alone
- お 。
- He lost his balance and fell off the ladder.
2. stairsUsually written using kana alone
3. going to several places in succession (e.g. barhopping)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to はしご, Only applies to ハシゴ
4. LadderA ladder is a vertical or inclined set of rungs or steps.... Read more
梯子 【ていし】、階子 【はしご】、階子 【ていし】、梯 【はしご】、梯 【ていし】、ハシゴ
1. spot; mark
- I can see the tiniest spot.
2. point; dot
- くだ 。
- Will you put a dot before the names of the successful students?
3. mark (e.g. in exam); score; points
- Our team is two points ahead.
5. aspect; matter; respect
6. counter for goods, items, articles of clothing, works of art, etc.
- I'm going to have two pieces in her gallery.