Words — 105 found
1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- You will be called Cephas.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
1. to fly; to soaresp. 飛ぶ
2. to jump; to leap; to spring; to bound; to hopesp. 跳ぶ
- The dog jumped over the fence into the garden.
跳ぶ 【とぶ】、翔ぶ 【とぶ】
翔ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to play; to enjoy oneself; to have a good time
- あそ 。
- There were two children playing on the street.
2. to mess about (with alcohol, gambling, philandery, etc.)
- あそ 。
- The machine is lying idle.
3. to be idle; to do nothing; to be unused
4. to go to (for pleasure or for study)as 〜に遊ぶ
5. to intentionally throw a ball to lower the batter's concentrationBaseball term
あすぶ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to line up; to stand in a line
- あと 、
- After a long wait in line, she was told she should get a certified copy of her birth certificate as identification.
2. to rival; to match; to equal
- He is the greatest statesman that ever lived.
列ぶ 【ならぶ】、双ぶ 【ならぶ】
1. to choose; to select
撰ぶ 【えらぶ】、択ぶ 【えらぶ】
撰ぶ: Out-dated kanji. 択ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to be delighted; to be glad; to be pleased
2. to congratulate
3. to gratefully acceptSee also 喜んで
悦ぶ 【よろこぶ】、歓ぶ 【よろこぶ】、慶ぶ 【よろこぶ】、欣ぶ 【よろこぶ】
1. to carry; to transport; to move; to convey
2. to come; to goHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also 足を運ぶ, usu. as お運びになる, お運び下さる, etc.
3. to wield (a tool, etc.); to use
4. to go (well, etc.); to proceed; to progress
1. to tie; to bind; to link
- They are planning to connect the cities with a railroad.
2. to bear (fruit)See also 実を結ぶ
- It bears fruit, but it seems it may even set root from cuttings?
3. to close (e.g. deal); to confirm; to conclude
4. to connect (two distant places)
5. to close tightly; to purse (e.g. lips)
6. to unite (with); to ally; to join hands
1. to study (in depth); to learn; to take lessons in
學ぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to fall down; to fall over
1. to float; to be suspended
- う 。
- A fallen leaf floated on the surface of the water.
2. to rise to surface
- しず 。
- Now it rises, now it sinks.
3. to come to mind; to have inspiration
- う 。
- I had been thinking about our new project for two weeks, but I couldn't come up with a good idea.
浮ぶ 【うかぶ】、泛ぶ 【うかぶ】、泛かぶ 【うかぶ】
泛ぶ: Out-dated kanji. 泛かぶ: Out-dated kanji.
1. to reach; to amount to; to befall; to happen to; to extend
- The earthquake caused widespread damage.
2. to be up to the task; to come up toSee also 及ばない
- The problem was beyond my reach.
3. to compare with; to be a match (for)
- およ 。
- He is not equal to his father.
4. to commit (a crime)See also 犯罪に及ぶ
- しん 。
- He was believed to have committed the crime.
5. to require (to do) (usu. used in the negative)See also 及ばない
1. to value; to prize; to esteem; to respect
貴ぶ 【たっとぶ】、尊ぶ 【とうとぶ】、尊ぶ 【たっとぶ】
1. to lie down; to throw oneself downSee also 寝転がる ねころがる
1. to conceal oneself; to hide
2. to endure
- Taro had to eat dirt and resigned.
1. to shout; to cry; to scream; to shriek; to yell; to exclaim
2. to clamor (for or against); to clamour (for or against)
1. to recollect; to remember; to reminisce; to be nostalgic for
2. to imagine; to guess; to inferUsually written using kana alone
1. to be blown off; to blow off; to blow away
2. to vanish; to disappear
ふきとぶ: news2, nf35, spec2. 吹き飛ぶ: news2, nf35, spec2. ふきとぶ: news2, nf35, spec2.
1. to stand in a row (e.g. shops on a street); to line in a row; to line建ち並ぶ refers to buildings
2. to be equal to; to be on a par withOnly applies to 立ち並ぶ, Only applies to 立並ぶ
建ち並ぶ 【たちならぶ】、立並ぶ 【たちならぶ】