Words — 1804 found
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
- He gave a loud cry for help.
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to givePolite (teineigo)
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo), See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
- We ate with chopsticks in restrained silence.
2. ChopsticksChopsticks are short, frequently tapered sticks used in p... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. rice bowl; tea cup; teacup
- He dashed the cup on the floor.
2. ChawanA chawan (茶碗; literally "tea bowl") is a bowl used for pr... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
- I lather my face before shaving.
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
2. extremely short pulse appearing on an electrical signal
3. BeardA beard is the collection of hair that grows on the chin,... Read more
鬚 【ひげ】、髯 【ひげ】、ヒゲ
1. machine; mechanism
- I am going to put this machine to the test today.
2. instrument; appliance; apparatusoften 器械
- The sphygmomanometer is an important diagnostic instrument.
3. MachineA machine is a tool consisting of one or more parts that ... Read more
1. feather; plume; wing翅 esp. refers to insect wings
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
2. blade (fan, propeller, etc.)
羽根 【はね】、翅 【はね】、羽子 【はね】
1. ceremony; rite; ritual; service
- This ceremony has been handed down from generation to generation.
3. RitualA ritual is a set of actions, performed mainly for their ... Read more
1. worker; mechanic; artisan; craftsman
- わ 。
- I found the workman very good.
3. ArtisanAn artisan or craftsman (craftsperson) is a skilled manua... Read more
1. nap (afternoon); siesta
- I would often take naps on Sundays.
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji.
1. Shinkansen; bullet train
- How fast the new Shinkansen goes!
3. ShinkansenThe Shinkansen, also known as the "Bullet Train", is a ne... Read more
1. main street
- ある 。
- I walked along the main street.
3. Main StreetMain Street is the metonym for a generic street name (and... Read more
1. lumber; timber; wood
- This old house is made of wood.
3. WoodWood is a hard, fibrous tissue found in many trees. It ha... Read more
1. canal; waterway
- とお 。
- This ship is too big to pass through the canal.
3. CanalCanals are man-made channels for water. There are two typ... Read more
1. amusement park
- It took ten years to build the amusement park.
3. Amusement parkAmusement and theme parks are terms for a group of entert... Read more
1. Emperor of Japan
- The Emperor shall be the symbol of the State.
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
天皇 【すめらぎ】、天皇 【すめろぎ】
1. faucet; tap
- つか 。
- You can't use this faucet. It's out of order.
3. Tap (valve)A "valve tap" is a noise made by the valves of internal c... Read more
- ながしだ 。
- The volcano poured molten rock.
3. LavaLava refers both to molten rock expelled by a volcano dur... Read more