Words — 435 found
1. cap (esp. a traditional cap worn with sokutai or ikan clothing); crown; diadem; coronetSee also 衣冠, See also 束帯
- The girl in the picture is wearing a crown not of gold but of flowers.
2. top kanji radicalOnly applies to かんむり
3. first verse of a haikai, etc.Only applies to かむり, See also 俳諧
4. best; peerless; firstOnly applies to かん
5. Crown (headgear)A crown is the traditional symbolic form of headgear worn... Read more
冠 【かん】、冠 【かむり】、冠 【かんぶり】
1. quiet; calm; leisurely; easy
- い 。
- The airplane sailed over our heads.
1. firmly; absolutely; definitely; flatly; far and away; by far; by a long shot; hands down
- I prefer meat to fish any day.
1. magnificent; grand; impressive; dignified; majestic; imposing; stately
- The old man had a noble countenance.
2. fair; square; open; unashamed; brazen
3. grandly; boldly; confidently
- ふるま 。
- He bore himself well at the ceremony.
4. fairly; squarely; unreservedly; brazenly
1. open; public; official; overt
- That country has openly threatened to go nuclear.
1. orderly; regular; systematic; well-organized; well-organised; trim; tidy; accurate
- The cottage was clean and tidy.
1. firm; determined; resolute; conclusive
- い 。
- "No", he said in a decided tone.
1. firm; unshakeable; resolute
- Every company has a firm business plan.
JLPT N1 Links
1. dumbfounded; overcome with surprise; in blank amazement; in a daze
- Stand aghast at the terrible sight.
茫然 【ぼうぜん】、ぼう然 【ぼうぜん】、惘然 【ぼうぜん】、惘然 【もうぜん】、ボーゼン
1. slow; lagging; tardy
- Progress has been very slow indeed, so far as the social life of the people is concerned.
1. evident; plain; distinct; clear
- It's quite plain that you haven't been paying attention.
JLPT N1 Links
1. brilliant; dazzling; light; bright
- かがや 。
- The big building was blazing with lights.
煌煌 【こうこう】、晃々 【こうこう】、晃晃 【こうこう】
1. uninterested; unconcerned; indifferent; dispassionate; matter-of-fact; detached
2. plain; light; simple; bland
3. flowing gently
淡淡 【たんたん】、澹々 【たんたん】、澹澹 【たんたん】
1. forever; endlessly; on and on
- だれひとり 、
- つづ 。
- The argument lasted a long time because nobody would admit to being in the wrong.
2. meandering; wandering; winding; sinuous; serpentine; zigzagging
- ながれ 。
- The Amazon River meanders through northern Brazil.
延延 【えんえん】、蜿蜒 【えんえん】、蜿蜿 【えんえん】、蜿々 【えんえん】
1. triumphantly; proudly
- He lectured us about his pet theories again.
1. the most; the extreme
- By and large, this school is one of the best.
2. prime; conspicuousSee also 最たる
1. calm; composed; cool; quiet
- うけと 、
- はい 。
- The politician had sticky fingers, and 5% of every contract ended in his pocket.
- しん 、
- む 、
- たお 。
- Putting his trust in God and taking the bull by the horns, the Christian gladiator defeated many adversaries.