1. to harden; to freeze; to strengthen; to solidify; to make (a fist); to tramp down (snow, dirt)See also 土を固める つちをかためる
2. to put together; to collect; to gather; to consolidate
3. to make secure; to stabilize; to settle down; to strengthen (belief, resolution, etc.); to establish (evidence)See also 身を固める みをかためる
5. to wear for a specific purpose (armor, coat, etc.)in the form に身をかためる
6. to swear; to resolutely vow; to sincerely promise
7. to tie tightly; to fasten
8. to hold a bow fully drawn
堅める: Irregular kanji usage.
Log in to talk about this word.