1. to grow senile; to be childish with ageUsually written using kana alone
- さいきん 、
- はげ 。
- Could I be going soft in the head? I forget things so easily these days.
2. to be mentally slow; to be befuddledUsually written using kana alone
3. to play stupid; to say something stupid (oft. on purpose; esp. as part of a comedic routine)Usually written using kana alone
4. to become engrossed in; to become absorbed inOnly applies to ほうける, after -masu stem of verb
惚ける 【ぼける】、呆ける 【ほうける】、惚ける 【ほうける】、耄ける 【ほうける】、ボケる
Log in to talk about this word.