Common word Links
1. indicates location of action; at; inにて is the formal literary form
- Do you remember what Kathy had on at the party?
2. indicates time of action
- They will have been staying here for two months next Sunday.
3. indicates means of action; cause of effect; by
- りつ ２
- たい １
- The odds are two-to-one that the Reds win.
4. and then; so
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
5. indicates continuing actionOnly applies to で, See also て, alternate form of 〜て used for some verb types
6. indicates certainty, emphasis, etc.Kansai dialect, Only applies to で, See also よ, at sentence-end
Log in to talk about this word.