Words — 954 found
- The girl in the picture is wearing a crown not of gold but of flowers.
2. GoldGold is a chemical element with the symbol Au and an atom... Read more
黄金 【きがね】、黄金 【くがね】、黄金 【こがね】、金 【こがね】
きがね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. くがね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. gold (Au); golden (color); gold (medal, cup)
- とはかぎ 。
- All that glitters is not gold.
2. valuable; of highest value
3. money; gold coin (orig. meaning)
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
4. FridayAbbreviation, See also 金曜
5. metal (fourth of the five elements)See also 五行
6. Jin (dynasty of China; 1115-1234 CE)
7. gold general, Abbreviation, See also 金将
8. testiclesAbbreviation, Colloquialism, See also 金玉 きんたま
9. karat; carat
- The bank shuts late on Fridays.
2. FridayFriday is the day between Thursday and Saturday. In count... Read more
- Iron is the most useful metal.
3. MetalA metal (from Greek "μέταλλον" – métallon, "mine, quarry,... Read more
1. financing; credit transacting; loaning of money; circulation of money
- A fiscal tightening policy is being enacted.
2. FinanceFinance is the study of how investors allocate their asse... Read more
1. safe; strongbox; cashbox; vault; strongroom
2. depository; cash office; treasury; provider of funds
3. SafeA safe (also called strongbox, coffer or kist) is a secur... Read more
1. money; cash
- I had a quarrel with him over money.
1. amount of money
- そうけい ７
- The total bill for drinks came up to 7000 dollars.
- I'm feeding the goldfish.
- ぶつ 。
- He accidentally hit his thumb with the hammer.
2. hopeless swimmer; complete beginner at swimming; someone who sinks like a stoneUsually written using kana alone
- He can no more swim than a hammer can.
金づち 【かなづち】、鉄鎚 【かなづち】、カナヅチ
1. gold coin
- The gold coin was much more valuable than was supposed.
2. Gold coinA gold coin is a coin made mostly or entirely of gold. Go... Read more
1. golden (colour, color)
- There was a big gold star on the door.
2. Gold (color)Gold, also called golden, is one of a variety of orange-y... Read more
1. financial institutions; banking facilities
- ふえ 。
- Corporate borrowing from financial institutions is rising due to the low interest rate.
2. Financial institutionIn financial economics, a financial institution is an ins... Read more
1. wire netting; wire mesh; wire screen; chain-link mesh
- み 。
- The guard's truncheon hit air. Off balance, he regained his posture to see a metal-mesh rubbish bin flying towards him.
2. Chain-link fencingA chain-link fence (also referred to as wire netting, wir... Read more
1. canary (esp. the island canary, Serinus canaria)Usually written using kana alone, From Portuguese
- ころ 。
- My canary was killed by a cat.
2. Atlantic CanaryThe Atlantic Canary (Serinus canaria), also called the Is... Read more
1. blond hair
- He has blue eyes and fair hair.
2. BlondBlond or blonde or fair-hair is a hair color characterize... Read more
1. rich person
- The rich are not always happy.
金持 【かねもち】、銀持 【かねもち】