1. chairman; speaker (e.g. of assembly); president (e.g. of council, senate, etc.); moderator (e.g. of a newsgroup)
- We appointed Mr Wood chairman.
2. Speaker (politics)The term speaker is a title often given to the presiding ... Read more
1. congress; parliament; diet; legislative assembly
- The argument ended in a fight.
2. ParliamentA parliament is a legislature whose power and function ar... Read more
1. member of the Diet, congress or parliament
- とお 。
- The member of the Diet brought in a bill on political contribution, but it didn't pass.
2. LegislatorA legislator (or lawmaker) is a person who writes and pas... Read more
1. argument; discussion; dispute; controversy
- The argument is full of holes.
1. topic of discussion; agenda
- Suppose we change the subject.
1. legislative bill; measure
- あ 。
- This measure is in accord with our policy.
2. agenda item
1. resolution; decision; vote
- The clause provides that all decisions shall be made by majority vote.
1. proceedings (e.g. parliament, congress); business (of the day)
- Attached is the tentative agenda.
1. parliamentary seat
- ごご ５
- According to the news report, the ruling coalition has secured 72 seats as of 5 p.m.
1. record of proceedings; minutes
- にかん 、
- ていせい 、
- おねが 。
- I welcome any corrections or additions to these minutes.
1. obstruction of proceedings; filibuster
- They are filibustering to prevent the bill from passing.
2. FilibusterA filibuster is a type of parliamentary procedure where a... Read more
1. assembly hall; parliament house; diet building; capitol; houses of parliament; congress hall
1. parliament; congress; diet
2. house (of parliament, etc.); chamber
3. Chambers of parliamentMany parliaments or other legislatures consist of two cha... Read more
1. to get into an argument; to come to discuss
- ぎろん 。
- There is no disputing about tastes.
2. to be controversial (usu. as an adjectival phrase); to be contentious