Words — 423 found
1. used item; secondhand itemSee also 御古
2. old; used; previous
- み 。
- We saw an old hut standing at the margin of the forest.
故 【ふる】、旧 【ふる】
1. old (not person); aged; ancient; antiquated; stale; threadbare; outmoded; obsolete article
- ふる 。
- The desk that Ken uses is old.
故い 【ふるい】、旧い 【ふるい】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. old book; classics; classic
- It is worthwhile reading classical works of literature.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. ancient times
- こだい インカ
- In the days of the ancient Incas, it was the largest city in America.
2. Ancient history"Ancient" redirects here. For other uses, see Antiquity (... Read more
1. ancient burial mound; barrow; tumulus
- けん 明日香村
- こふん 。
- The Takamatuzuka burial mound is located in Nara prefecture, Asukamura.
2. Kofun (hist. u)
3. KofunKofun (古墳, from Sino-Japanese "ancient grave") are megali... Read more
1. old clothes; secondhand clothing
- I gave my old clothes for the flea market sale.
2. Charity shopA charity shop, thrift shop, thrift store, hospice shop, ... Read more
1. home town; birthplace; native place; one's old homeUsually written using kana alone
2. ruins; historic remainsArchaism, Only applies to ふるさと
ふる里 【ふるさと】、古里 【ふるさと】、旧里 【ふるさと】、故里 【ふるさと】、故郷 【こきょう】、旧里 【きゅうり】
1. ancient and modern times; all ages; past and present
- He is the greatest statesman that ever lived.
こきん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. from time immemorial; ancient; time-honoured; time-honored
- He is as great an artist as lived.
1. classical; classic
- おも 、
- I expected more classical features, but hers is a beauty that would do well even in this age.
1. ancient city; former capital
- し 。
- Everyone knows that there is something new in this old capital.
1. seniority; long service
- The old guard was nearly voted out of the Upper House.
1. to look old; to get old
- すわりこ 。
- But he suddenly felt dizzy and he sat down again in his old chair.
1. stale; old fashioned; hackneyed; trite
- I was bored with his old jokes.
1. old-fashioned; archaic; antique; antiquated
- My mother is really of the old school.
1. to look old; to become musty; to wear outUsually written using kana alone
- There was nothing but an old chair in the room.