Words — 224 found
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- もど 。
- What is done cannot be undone.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- Although we may intend to judge a person on the basis of his or her personal qualities, they are not visible at first sight.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. lively; full of spirit; energetic; vigorous; vital; spirited
2. healthy; well; fit; in good health
1. chemical element
2. Chemical elementA chemical element is a pure chemical substance consistin... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. originally; by nature; from the start
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
1. originally; primarily; essentially; logically; naturally
1. New Year's Day
2. New YearNew Year is the time at which a new calendar year begins ... Read more
1. ruler; sovereign
2. Head of stateA head of state is the individual who serves as the chief... Read more
1. New Year's DayColloquialism, See also 元日
2. New Year's morning; morning of New Year's Dayorig. meaning
1. from the beginning; from the first; all along; originallyUsually written using kana alone
- MPEG-4 AVC
- MPEC-4 AVC recording practical test: It was always easy to use, now the picture and sound quality is high too.
2. of courseUsually written using kana alone
- ひきお 。
- Of course, they are suffering from terrible working conditions such as low wages and arbitrary layoffs, as well as from various forms of discrimination.
固より 【もとより】、素より 【もとより】
1. (field) marshal; (fleet) admiral; general of the army
2. MarshalMarshal (also spelled marshall, more commonly in British ... Read more