Words — 48 found
1. to be (usu. of inanimate objects); to exist; to liveUsually written using kana alone, See also 居る いる
- Excuse me; allow me to point out three errors in the above article.
2. to haveUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I have another engagement.
3. to be locatedUsually written using kana alone
4. to be equipped withUsually written using kana alone
5. to happen; to come aboutUsually written using kana alone
1. (something) has occurred; to have done (something); such a thing happenedUsually written using kana alone, after the past tense form of a verb
2. (something) happens on occasions; there are times whenUsually written using kana alone
1. to also be (formal, literary); implies that as well as the earlier stated this is also the caseSee also である, である with も
- D.H. Lawrence is a novelist and poet.
2. to be ... or something
- What is the matter with you?
1. to have an interest (in something); to feel inclined (toward doing something)
1. to be deserved; to be worth it; to have merit; to have value
- それだけのかち 。
- It is worthwhile reading the novel.
1. to have a limit; to go too far (e.g. joke)oft. in the form of ...にも程がある to criticize something as being unacceptable
1. to have the memory of having done something oneselfSee also 身に覚えのある
1. greatness is comparative; there is always someone better than youProverb
2. Puss Gets the BootPuss Gets the Boot is a one-reel animated cartoon and the... Read more
1. full-bodied (e.g. wine, sake); rich; robust (flavor); full-flavoredUsually written using kana alone, See also 酷がある
1. having spirit; (being) staunch; having backboneSee also 骨 ほね