Words — 50 found
1. to be; to exist; to liveUsually written using kana alone, See also 居る いる, usu. of inanimate objects
- Excuse me; allow me to point out three errors in the above article.
2. to haveUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I have another engagement.
3. to be locatedUsually written using kana alone
4. to be equipped withUsually written using kana alone
5. to happen; to come aboutUsually written using kana alone
1. (something) has occurred; to have done (something); such a thing happenedUsually written using kana alone, after the past tense form of a verb
2. (something) happens on occasions; there are times whenUsually written using kana alone
1. to also be (formal, literary); implies that as well as the earlier stated this is also the caseSee also である, である with も
- D.H. Lawrence is a novelist and poet.
2. to be ... or something
- What is the matter with you?
1. to be (in contrast to something that is not the case)See also である, である with は
- うご 。
- The glacier moves but by inches.
1. to have an interest (in something); to feel inclined (toward doing something)
1. to be doing; to be in the process of doing
- The weather was getting worse and worse as the day went on.
1. to be deserved; to be worth it; to have merit; to have value
- それだけのかち 。
- It is worthwhile reading the novel.
1. to have a limit; to go too far (e.g. joke)oft. in the form of ...にも程がある to criticize something as being unacceptable
1. to have heard somewhere; to sound familiar
- ききおぼ 。
- That name struck a chord.
1. to have the memory of having done something oneselfSee also 身に覚えのある
1. greatness is comparative; there is always someone better than youProverb
2. Puss Gets the BootPuss Gets the Boot is a one-reel animated cartoon and the... Read more
1. full-bodied (e.g. wine, sake); rich; robust (flavor); full-flavoredUsually written using kana alone, See also 酷がある