Words — 845 found
1. surely; undoubtedly; almost certainly; most likely (e.g. 90 percent)Usually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
- But I don't think Dad would like me to.
2. sternly; severelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, esp. キッと
3. having no slack; rigid; stiff; tightUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. suddenly; abruptly; instantlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Archaism
屹度: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 急度: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tightly (holding on); firmly; securelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. strongly (built); solidly; sturdily; steadilyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. properly; well; sufficiently; hard (working, etc.); fully; completelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. reliably; dependably; levelheadedly; shrewdly; wisely; cleverlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. motionlessly (e.g. stand, wait); (be) stillOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone, じーっと is more emphatic. 凝乎と is rare.
- うご 、
- ま ）
- These special characteristics explain its preference for still-hunting (lying motionless beside a seal's breathing hole, waiting for one to surface).
2. fixedly (e.g. gaze, stare); intently (e.g. listen, think)Usually written using kana alone
- It's impolite to stare at people.
3. patiently (endure); stoicallyUsually written using kana alone
- Tell me. I'm all ears.
4. firmly (e.g. hold); restrainedUsually written using kana alone
- We ate with chopsticks in restrained silence.
1. to be surprised; to be amazed; to be frightened; to be astonished; to get startled; to jumpUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. surprise (e.g. surprise party)Usually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
びっくり: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). びっくり: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. (some) more; even more; longer; further
- You should be more reasonable.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. slowly; at ease; restfulOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- か 。
- Slow and steady wins the race.
1. clearly; plainly; distinctlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. to be clear; to be definite; to be certain; to be exact; to become clear; to clear upoften as はっきりした
1. all; completely; thoroughlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- き 。
- I am completely out of breath.
1. at last; at lengthOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. barely; narrowly; just; by the skin of one's teethOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. slowly; quietly; steadily; gradually; gingerlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Only applies to そろそろ, Only applies to ソロソロ
2. soon; momentarily; before long; any time nowOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. drumming (noise)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Someone is battering at the door.
2. rapidly; steadily
- Certain animals are fast disappearing.
1. straight; quickly; directly; all of a suddenOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, スーッと and すうっと are more emphatic
2. quietly; gently; softlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. to feel refreshed; to feel satisfied
1. feel disappointed; dejected; lose heart; feel emotionally drained; feel let downOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- I am disappointed at the news.
1. precisely; accurately; neatlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- うご 。
- My watch is running all right.
1. diligently; seriously; earnestly; reliably; steadily; legitimatelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. perfectly; properly; exactly; orderly; punctually; regularlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. sufficiently; satisfactorilyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. quicklyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. sound asleep; fast asleepOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- ねむ 。
- I couldn't sleep well last night.
1. tightly; closelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, ぴったし is col.
2. exactly; preciselyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. suddenly (stopping)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. perfectly (suited); ideallyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. feeling refreshed; feeling relievedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Just a spot of shut-eye has already refreshed my mind.
2. neat; trimmed
- She is neatly dressed.
3. plain; simple
- Your grandmother is a charming lady.
4. completely; entirelySee also さっぱり分らない
5. not in the least (in sentence with negative verb); not at all
- I can never make you out.
6. completely ignorant; not doing at all
- It's all Greek to me.
1. roughly; in round numbersOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. cursorily; brieflyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word