Words — 2750 found
1. general; ordinary; usual
- やりすご 。
- I usually spend the whole day idly on Sunday.
2. normally; generally; usually
- Do you usually have tea for breakfast?
3. train that stops at every stationAbbreviation, See also 普通列車
4. Normality (behavior)Normality (also known as normalcy) is the state of being ... Read more
- We have quoted special prices.
2. ParticularIn philosophy, particulars are concrete entities existing... Read more
1. honesty; integrity; frankness
- The fact proves his honesty.
2. honestly; frankly
- To tell the truth, I don't like classical music. On the other hand, Molly is really into it.
4. HonestyHonesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes ... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
- したが 。
- We are subject to the laws of nature.
2. natural; spontaneous
- Not just for the sake of the ecology, a natural living environment is necessary.
3. naturally; spontaneously
4. Nature"Natural" and "Natural World" redirect here. For other us... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. all; everyone; everybodyUsually written using kana alone
- The people which were here have all gone.
2. everythingUsually written using kana alone
- All the dinner had been eaten before he came.
1. very; greatly
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji.
1. again; and; also; still (doing something)Usually written using kana alone
- Thanks. Maybe we'll come back.
亦 【また】、復 【また】
1. remainder; rest; balance; remains; scraps; residue; remnantUsually written using kana alone
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. not very (with negative sentence); not muchUsually written using kana alone
- It's not worth much.
3. surplus; excess; fullness; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also の余り のあまり
- はたら 。
- It is too hot to work.
4. more than; over
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. sometimes; at times
- Jane sometimes runs to school.
時時 【ときどき】、時どき 【ときどき】
1. perhaps; probably
- I expect you know all about it.
2. generous; many; much; great
1. splendid; nice; wonderful; delicious; sweet
- へ 、
- It's true that there are fewer children due to the falling birthrate, and there are fewer children in the school, but that is all to the good.
2. sufficient; fine (in the sense of "I'm fine"); (by implication) no thank you
- "Can I help you?" "No, thank you. I'm just looking around."
3. well enough; OK; tolerable
- If you wish, you may pick them up, or we would be glad to send them back to you.
4. quite; reasonably; fairly; tolerably
- でんじは 。
- I sit in front of a computer screen all day, so I get pretty heavily bombarded by electro-magnetic waves.
5. construction; architectureArchaism
1. safe; all right; alright; OK; okay; sure
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
3. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
1. how many?Usually written using kana alone
- No, not how many toys, how many keys?
2. how old?
- How old is your father?
1. very; awfully; exceedinglyUsually written using kana alone, とっても is more emphatic
- い 。
- "This looks pretty interesting," Hiroshi says.
2. (not) at all; by no means; simply (cannot)Usually written using kana alone, before a negative form
- Going out in this rain is out of the question.
1. always; usually; every timeUsually written using kana alone
- I'm always writing weird and hoopy stuff so I'm sure it's difficult to comment on.
2. neverUsually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
- I'm never at home on Sundays.
1. a lot; lots; plenty; many; a large number; much; a great deal; a good dealUsually written using kana alone
2. enough; sufficientUsually written using kana alone
3. enough; too many; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also 沢山 だくさん, after a noun; usu. read as だくさん