1. bottom (or another side that is hidden from view); undersurface; opposite side; reverse sideAntonym: 表 おもて
- There's gum stuck to the back of my shoe.
2. rear; back; behind (the house)
- There was a large garden behind the house.
3. lining; inside
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
4. out of sight; behind the scenes; in the shadows
- When the accountant was arrested, rumour had it that it was for his creative bookkeeping.
5. proofSee also 裏付け
6. opposite (of a prediction, common sense, etc.)See also 裏をかく
7. inverse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
8. bottom (of an inning); last half (of an inning)Baseball term, Antonym: 表 おもて
- いま 、
- This is the bottom of what inning?
Log in to talk about this word.