1. to pull
- ひ 。
- The curtains were drawn slowly.
2. to draw (attention, etc.); to attract (interest, etc.)See also 注意を引く
3. to draw back
- Obviously a normal woman would lose interest if she saw a book like that!
4. to draw (card, mahjong tile, etc.)
- The card you drew was a red, wasn't it?
5. to draw (plan, line, etc.)See also 図面を引く
- Draw a line from A to B.
6. to catch (cold)See also 風邪を引く
- I had a bad cold, and to make matters worse, it began snowing.
7. to play (string instr.)See also 弾く ひく
- John can't play the guitar.
8. to look up (e.g. dictionary); to consultSee also 辞書を引く
- Look up the word in your dictionary.
9. to haul; to pull (vehicles)esp. 牽く
- み 。
- I saw a horse pulling a cart.
10. to subtract
- のこ 。
- Two from ten leaves eight.
11. to ebb; to fade
- How many days will it take until the swelling goes down?
12. to descend (from); to inherit (a characteristic)
- ひ 。
- The writer was descended from the Greek royal family.
13. to quote; to raise (as evidence)
- Insofar as possible, our examples will be drawn from English.
14. to lay (a cable); to draw (a cable)
- ひ 。
- A submarine cable was laid between the two countries.
曳く 【ひく】、牽く 【ひく】
Log in to talk about this word.