1. to finish; to stop; to end; to put an end to; to bring to a closeUsually written using kana alone
- I will call you when I have done my shopping.
2. to close (a business, etc.); to close down; to shut down; to shut upUsually written using kana alone
3. to put away; to put back; to keep; to storeUsually written using kana alone
- Put away your books and notebooks.
4. to finish ...; to do ... completelyUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb, indicates completion (and sometimes reluctance, regret, etc.)
- もど 。
- What is done cannot be undone.
終う 【しまう】、了う 【しまう】、蔵う 【しまう】
Log in to talk about this word.