Words — 689 found
1. music; musical movement
- き 。
- That music gets on his nerves.
2. MusicMusic is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. I... Read more
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
- How do you pronounce your name?
2. PronunciationPronunciation refers to the ability to use the correct st... Read more
- I can't put up with the noise.
2. Noise pollutionNoise pollution is excessive, displeasing human, animal, ... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. tone color; tone colour; tone quality; timbre
- The guitar is in tune.
2. synthesizer patch; synthesiser patch
3. Timbre]] In music, timbre, also known as tone color, is the qua... Read more
音いろ 【ねいろ】、音色 【おんしょく】
1. noise (jarring, grating)
2. gossip; irresponsible criticism
1. real intention; motive; true opinion; what one really thinksAntonym: 建前
- ゆしゅつこく 】
- しまつ 。
- Ending up with being called a "measles exporting country" by the rest of the world, something that you could take as insult or truth.
1. tone quality; sound quality
- わる 。
- My stereo set is inferior to yours in sound quality.
2. Sound qualitySound quality is the quality of the audio output from var... Read more
1. voice; (the concept of) sound
- Do you mind if I turn down the TV?
2. SpeechSpeech is the vocalized form of human communication. It i... Read more
- Tom is something of a musician.
2. MusicianA musician usually plays a musical instrument, especially... Read more
1. syllablelinguistics terminology
- だい ２
- The accent of "guitar" falls on the second syllable.
2. SyllableA syllable is a unit of organization for a sequence of sp... Read more
1. supersonic speed
- The airplane is capable of supersonic speeds.
2. Supersonic speedSupersonic speed is a rate of travel of an object that ex... Read more
1. musical note; note symbol
- ひ 。
- He played piano by ear.
2. phonetic symbol (incl. the kanji and kana-doubling symbols, vowel-lengthening symbol, etc.)
3. part of a kanji for which the role is primarily to represent the pronunciation (as opposed to the meaning)See also 意符
4. NoteIn music, the term note has two primary meanings: A sign ... Read more
1. speed of sound
- と 。
- This jet travels about three times as fast as the speed of sound.
2. Speed of soundThe speed of sound is the distance travelled during a uni... Read more
1. tone-deafness; amusia; having no ear for music
2. tone-deaf; off-key
- He doesn't realise that he's tone deaf.
3. having no sense (of something); being hopeless (when it comes to something)
4. Tone deafnessTone deafness is the lack of relative pitch, or the inabi... Read more
1. vowellinguistics terminology
- This vowel change has much to do with the overall accent pattern assigned to each word.
2. VowelIn phonetics, a vowel is a sound in spoken language, such... Read more
1. musical interval; step
- When he gets up on stage to sing one of his out-of-tune solos, I get so nervous for him that I get sweaty palms.
2. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more