Words — 150 found
1. bachelorhood; single; unmarried; celibate
2. Single personIn legal definitions for interpersonal status, a single p... Read more
1. sashimi (raw sliced fish, shellfish or crustaceans)
2. SashimiSashimi is a Japanese delicacy. It consists of very fresh... Read more
- The cold wind cut through his coat.
- Try putting yourself in your mother's shoes.
3. one's place; one's position
4. main part; meat (as opposed to bone, skin, etc.); wood (as opposed to bark); blade (as opposed to its handle); container (as opposed to its lid)
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. person's origin (e.g. city, country, parentage, school)
- I'm from Tokyo.
1. whole (body); full-length (e.g. portrait)
- She was soaked from head to foot.
2. systemicSee also 全身性
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. contents; interior; substance; filling; (sword) blade
1. mind and body
心身 【しんじん】、身心 【しんしん】、身心 【しんじん】、神身 【しんしん】、神身 【しんじん】、身神 【しんしん】、身神 【しんじん】
しんじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しんじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しんじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しんじん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. the defensive
2. passive attitude; passivity; passiveness
3. the passive; passive voicelinguistics terminology
4. ukemi (the art of falling safely)Martial arts term
1. metamorphosis; disguise; transformation; shapeshifting; morphing
1. antecedents; ancestor; previous position; previous existence; predecessor organization; predecessor organisation
1. myself; oneself
2. I; meArchaism
3. you (referring to one's inferior)Archaism, Familiar language
わが身 【わがみ】、我身 【わがみ】
我身: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. lean meat
- If you want to avoid cholesterol, eat lean meat with no fat.
2. lean tuna
1. white of egg
- I like the white of an egg.
2. white meat; sapwood
3. white-fleshed fish for sushi and sashimi (e.g. tai, hirame, karei)