Words — 39 found
1. star; any light-emitting (or reflecting) heavenly body (except for the sun and the moon)
- We cannot necessarily see the star with the naked eye.
2. offender; perpetratorSlang, police slang
3. star point (in go); hoshi; intersection marked with a dot
4. circular symbol (said to be shaped like a shining star)
6. one's star (out of the nine stars); the star that determines one's fateSee also 九星
7. small dot; spot
8. point; scoreSumo term
Common word Links
1. starry sky
- おも 。
- There were times, at falling night, when he looked up with curiosity to the stars.
1. astrology; horoscope
- According to the stars, she and I aren't supposed to have much chemistry between us.
1. star; asterisk
- しめ 。
- The asterisks mark important references.
1. counting "stars" to tally the score to date; how well something has gone (e.g. in terms of wins over losses)Sumo term
- When I think of our standing in the series from now I don't want us to lose even once!
1. star formationAstronomy, etc. term
2. Star formationStar formation is the process by which dense regions with... Read more
1. starspotted smooth-hound (species of hound shark, Mustelus manazo)Usually written using kana alone
2. Starspotted smooth-houndThe starspotted smooth-hound, Mustelus manazo, is a hound... Read more
1. common starling; European starling (Sturnus vulgaris)Usually written using kana alone
2. Common StarlingThe Common Starling (Sturnus vulgaris), also known as the... Read more
1. starry night
2. The Starry NightThe Starry Night is a painting by the Dutch post-impressi... Read more
1. spotted nutcracker (Nucifraga caryocatactes)Usually written using kana alone
2. Spotted NutcrackerThe Spotted Nutcracker, Eurasian Nutcracker, or just Nutc... Read more