Words — 111 found
1. force; strength; might; vigour (vigor); energy
- You are twice as strong as I.
2. capability; ability; proficiency; capacity; faculty
- You've lost the ability to concentrate.
3. efficacy; effect
- Chocolate acts to prevent LDL oxidisation.
4. effort; endeavours (endeavors); exertions
5. power; authority; influence; good offices; agency
- Accepting the other's norms is submitting to the other's power.
6. support; help; aid; assistanceSee also 力になる
7. stress; emphasis
- It might not be worth much, but you have my support.
8. means; resources
9. ForceIn physics, a force is any influence that causes an objec... Read more
1. to endeavor (endeavour); to try; to strive; to make an effort; to exert oneself; to be diligent; to be committed (to doing something)
- つと 。
- The servants tried to carry out their master's order.
勉める 【つとめる】、力める 【つとめる】
1. powerful; strong; forceful; vigorous
- The dancers look delicate in their white dresses, but they are really as strong as horses.
2. reassuring; encouraging
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. as much as possible; as far as possible; to the best of one's ability; diligently
- A fowl flying up from water is careful not to make it turbid.
2. make an effort!; work hard!
勉めて 【つとめて】、力めて 【つとめて】
1. mechanics; dynamics
- Behind thermodynamics lie the movements of atoms and molecules following the laws of motion learned in the first volume.
2. MechanicsMechanics is the branch of science concerned with the beh... Read more
1. ability; capacity; capability; talent
2. physical strength
力倆: Out-dated kanji.
1. insistence; (major) emphasis; stress
- He contends that primitive life once existed on Mars.
1. sumo wrestler; rikishiSumo term
- My sister cheers young sumo wrestlers.
2. strong man
1. leverage; emphasis; importance
- The emphasis of his talk was on the need to work hard.
1. tour de force; painstaking piece of work; achievement
- Her latest album is a tour de force. It even has a storyline.
1. with might and main; with all one's strength
- He pulled with all his strength but the rock would not move.
1. muscleman; strong man
- That man's monstrously strong.
1. physical work; manual labour (labor)
- He was too feeble to do manual labor.
1. (brute) force; with all one's might
- He muscled his way through the crowd.
力尽く 【ちからずく】、力尽 【ちからずく】、力尽く 【ちからづく】、力尽 【ちからづく】
力尽: Irregular okurigana usage. 力尽: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. lack of ability; inadequacy; (being) out of one's depth
- I was out of my depth in that debate.
1. enthusiastic performance
- OK, stop there! That was a strong performance from the two of you.
1. to use up all one's strength
- A sailor saw his fellow sailor sink from exhaustion.