Words — 63 found
1. force; strength; might; vigour (vigor); energy
- You are twice as strong as I.
2. capability; ability; proficiency; capacity; faculty
- You've lost the ability to concentrate.
3. efficacy; effect
- Chocolate acts to prevent LDL oxidisation.
4. effort; endeavours (endeavors); exertions
5. power; authority; influence; good offices; agency
- Accepting the other's norms is submitting to the other's power.
6. support; help; aid; assistanceSee also 力になる
7. stress; emphasis
- It might not be worth much, but you have my support.
8. means; resources
9. ForceIn physics, a force is any influence that causes an objec... Read more
1. powerful; strong; forceful; vigorous
- The dancers look delicate in their white dresses, but they are really as strong as horses.
2. reassuring; encouraging
1. with might and main; with all one's strength
- He pulled with all his strength but the rock would not move.
1. muscleman; strong man
- That man's monstrously strong.
1. physical work; manual labour (labor)
- He was too feeble to do manual labor.
1. (brute) force; using all one's might
- He muscled his way through the crowd.
力尽く 【ちからずく】、力尽 【ちからずく】、力尽く 【ちからづく】、力尽 【ちからづく】
力尽: Irregular okurigana usage. 力尽: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. lack of ability; inadequacy; (being) out of one's depth
- I was out of my depth in that debate.
1. to use up all one's strength
- A sailor saw his fellow sailor sink from exhaustion.
1. losing by being overmatched; being defeated by a stronger opponent
2. losing by misusing one's powers; defeat as a result of trying too hard
力負: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to join forces; to cooperate
- All the officers and men joined their efforts against the attack.
1. to be helpful; to be dependableSee also 力 ちから
- He stood by me whenever I was in trouble.
1. to exert oneself; to make efforts
- おも 。
- Everything Rev. Martin Luther King had worked so hard for seemed lost.
1. to put effort into; to strain; to put strength into; to put forth effortSee also 力が入る
- ふんば 。
- I braced myself against the crowd.
1. to assist; to help out
- You can hardly expect me to help you.
1. to recover one's strength; to recover one's spirit; to revive; to be refreshed; to be invigorated; to be encouraged
- ちからづ 。
- Helen's words suddenly filled me with new energy.
1. will to power
2. Will to powerThe will to power is a prominent concept in the philosoph... Read more
1. Chinese fountain grass (Pennisetum alopecuroides)Usually written using kana alone
2. Pennisetum alopecuroidesPennisetum alopecuroides (Chinese Pennisetum, Dwarf Fount... Read more