Words — 263 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. first; new
- They made first ascent of Mount Everest.
1. innocent; naive; unsophisticated; inexperienced; green; wet behind the earsUsually written using kana alone, esp. 初, 初心
2. birth-産, 生
初心 【うぶ】、産 【うぶ】、生 【うぶ】
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
1. elementary level
- やくにた 。
- This dictionary is useful to beginners, yes, and to advanced learners.
1. first edition
- The first edition was published ten years ago.
JLPT N1 Links
1. something heard for the first time; hearing something for the first time
- This is the first time I heard about it.
1. first love; puppy love
- はな 、
- To make a long story short, he married his first love.
2. First Love
1. first shrine visit of New Year
- はつもう 、
- じんじゃ ？
- New Year shrine visit; which shrines are potent?
2. Hatsumōdeis the first shrine visit of the New Year in Japan. Some ... Read more
1. first; firstly; first of all; to begin with; in the beginning; at the beginning
2. Introduction; PrefaceUsually written using kana alone, as section heading of a book, etc.
1. early (days); initial stage
- はじ 。
- Early education for children usually begins at home.
2. initialComputer terminology, See also 初期化
1. first or opening day
- おお 。
- There were many upsets right from the first day.
1. first meeting; first interview with
- とき 、
- おも 。
- When I first met him, I thought he was putting on airs.
1. first generation; founder
- なづ 。
- It was named after the first American president.
1. first campaign; one's first battle
- たいじ ！
- What's more, our first battle is to defeat that dragon!
1. debut; initial stage appearance
- Her first appearance on the stage was in 1969.
1. original intention; initial resolution
- Why don't you carry out what you've set out to do?