Words — 130 found
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. sticky rice cakeUsually written using kana alone, See also 糯
- He didn't eat all of the rice cakes.
2. MochiMochi is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice (not... Read more
餅 【もちい】、餅 【かちん】、餅 【あも】、餠 【もち】、餠 【もちい】、餠 【かちん】、餠 【あも】
もちい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かちん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あも: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 餠: Out-dated kanji. もちい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 餠: Out-dated kanji. かちん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 餠: Out-dated kanji. あも: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 餠: Out-dated kanji.
1. hold; charge; keep possession; in charge
2. wear; durability; life; draw
- The suit materials of this sort will not stand up well.
2. Nepal holly (Ilex integra)Usually written using kana alone, See also 黐の木
1. to use; to make use of; to utilize; to utilise
- もち 。
- This word has gone out of use.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. of course; certainly; naturallyUsually written using kana alone
- "May I go with you?" "Of course."
1. to elevate; to raise; to lift up
2. to flatter; to extol; to praise to the sky
JLPT N1 Links
1. hot topic; talk of the town
- There is much talk that she is going to France next month.
1. owner; proprietor; possessor (e.g. of talent, beauty, etc.)
- Who is the owner of this house?
1. to take out; to carry out; to bring out from where it belongs
- Don't take out the books on this shelf.
2. to mention something; to broach a topic; to bring up (a subject); to raise (an issue); to mention
- That is not a proper subject to bring up in conversation at the dinner table.
1. to take something into ...; to bring in; to carry in
2. to lodge (a complaint); to file (a plan); to bring (a proposal); to commence negotiationsSee also 尻を持ち込む しりをもちこむ
3. to bring to (a state: tied game, vote, trial, etc.)
持ちこむ 【もちこむ】、持込む 【もちこむ】
1. takeout (i.e. food); take-out; takeaway; take-away
- Is this to eat here, or to go?
1. bring-your-own (e.g. food and drink); carry-on (e.g. luggage)
- にくわ 、
- Together with Britain, France may ban imports of waste from Germany.
1. to bring back; to carry home; to take out (e.g. food)
- つた 。
- Bees communicate the location of food by carrying odor samples back to the hive.
1. one's nature; characteristic; inherent; natural
- した 。
- Mary's kind nature quickly won her the friendship of her classmates.
持前 【もちまえ】、持ちまえ 【もちまえ】
1. one's (own) house
- ほ 。
- We want a house of our own.
持ち家 【もちや】、持家 【もちいえ】、持家 【もちや】
1. stock holdings; one's shares
- The Board of Trustees voted to divest the organization's overseas holdings.
1. to carry over; to carry forward; to keep (for later); to deferSee also 持ち越し
- The work wasn't finished at 11:00 p.m. Friday, so they decided to carry it over to the following Monday.