Words — 3208 found
1. very hard; with utmost effort; with all one's might; for dear life, See also 一所懸命
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. one by one; each; one at a time
１人１人 【ひとりひとり】、一人ひとり 【ひとりひとり】、一人一人 【ひとりびとり】、１人１人 【ひとりびとり】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. absurd; unreasonable; nonsensical; preposterous; incoherentUsually written using kana alone
2. extreme; senseless; reckless; wanton
- I feel a lot better now, but I know Dad's going to be real upset.
3. disorder; confusion; mess; wreckSee also 乱す
- The earthquake smashed everything.
目茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. not writing or contacting for a while; neglecting (failing) to write (call, visit, etc.); long silenceSee also 無沙汰
御無沙汰 【ごぶさた】、ご不沙汰 【ごぶさた】、御不沙汰 【ごぶさた】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. nonsensical; unreasonable; absurd; unrealisticUsually written using kana alone,
2. awfully; extremely; to excess; senseless; recklessUsually written using kana alone
3. disorder; confusion; being jumbled; being mixed upUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremely; excessivelyColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
無茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. human relations
2. Interpersonal relationshipAn interpersonal relationship is an association between t... Read more
1. (the police) wanting (someone) for questioning; having (someone) on the wanted list
- はんにん 」
- In any case, just being wanted by the police isn't enough to make you "a criminal."
2. Wanted posterA wanted poster (or wanted sign) is a poster distributed ... Read more
1. seniority by length of service
2. Nenko SystemThe seniority-wage system is the Japanese system of promo... Read more
1. legitimate self-defence; legitimate self-defense
2. Right of self-defenseThe right of self-defense (according to U.S. law) (also c... Read more
1. (organ) rejection
2. unthinking dismissal; strong reaction (against)
- I don't know whether she believed me or not but in any case it seems she doesn't automatically dismiss talk of the supernatural.
3. Transplant rejectionTransplant rejection occurs when transplanted tissue is r... Read more
1. three-legged race
2. cooperation with singleness of purpose (e.g. between companies); operating in tandem
- Like it or not we're in this together. All we can do is work closely as though we were joined at the hip.
3. Three-legged raceA favorite at community picnics and school carnivals, a t... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. here and there; all around; everywhere; throughout; all overUsually written using kana alone
- さが 。
- I have looked for it up and down.
2. to get things in the wrong order (back to front); to become muddled upUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あちこち, Only applies to あちらこちら, Only applies to あっちこっち, Only applies to アチコチ
彼方此方 【あちらこちら】、彼方此方 【あっちこっち】、彼方此方 【かなたこなた】、彼方此方 【あなたこなた】、アチコチ
あなたこなた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. InteractionInteraction is a kind of action that occurs as two or mor... Read more
1. rewarding good and punishing evil; novel or drama with a rewarding-good-and-punishing-evil theme; moral purpose; morality play
2. Poetic justicePoetic justice is a literary device in which virtue is ul... Read more
1. forcibly; against one's will, 矢理 is ateji
無理矢理 【むりやり】、無理遣り 【むりやり】
無理矢理: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. halfway; half measures; unfinished; incomplete; by halves; half-baked; half-cocked
1. trial and errorYojijukugo (four character compound)
しこうさくご: ichi1, news1, nf16. 試行錯誤: ichi1, news1, nf16.