1. bad; poor; undesirable
- "You look pale. Are you sick?" "Not exactly."
2. poor (quality); inferior; insufficient
- わる 。
- My stereo set is inferior to yours in sound quality.
3. evil; sinful
- I'm sorry. I did you wrong.
4. ugly; not beautiful
- わる 。
- The graffiti-covered building is ugly to look at.
5. at fault; to blame; in the wrong
- おも 。
- Even given what you say, I still think you are to blame.
6. bad (at doing something)
7. unprofitable; unbeneficial
- This isn't an unappealing proposition, is it?
8. sorry; (my) bad; unforgivable
- I really shouldn't ask, but could you go get some tofu for me?
惡い 【わるい】、惡るい 【わるい】
惡い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 惡るい: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Log in to talk about this word.