1. end; finish; place to stopUsually written using kana alone
2. bound; limit; endUsually written using kana alone, See also 切りがない
3. delivery date (of a futures contract)Finance, Only applies to 限り, Only applies to 限
4. finale (of a noh song); end of an act (in jōruri or kabuki); final performance of the day (in vaudeville)
5. trump card
6. king (court card; in mekuri karuta and unsun karuta)
7. counter for slices (esp. thick slices); counter for cuts (of fish, meat, etc.)
- かえ 。
- He went there, never to return.
8. only; justUsually written using kana alone, See also っきり, sometimes pronounced ぎり
- Though 38, he is still dependent on his parents.
9. (ever) since; afterUsually written using kana alone, usu. in a negative sentence; sometimes pronounced ぎり
10. continuously; remaining (in a particular state)Usually written using kana alone, sometimes pronounced ぎり
限り 【きり】、切 【きり】、限 【きり】
切: Irregular okurigana usage. 限: Irregular okurigana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.