Words — 1344 found
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. bedpan; chamber pot; pottySee also 御虎子
2. baby tigerArchaism, Only applies to こし
1. circle (sometimes used for zero)See also 丸 まる
2. 'correct' (when marking)See also 二重丸 にじゅうまる
3. symbol used as a placeholder (either because a number of other words could be used in that position, or because of censorship)See also 〇〇 まるまる
4. period; full stopSee also 句点
5. maru mark; semivoiced sound; p-soundSee also 半濁点
1. round; circular; spherical丸い usu. refers to ball-shaped, and 円い to disc-shaped objects
- しん 。
- Columbus believed that the earth was round.
2. curved; smooth
3. harmonious; calm; peaceful; amiable; amicableSee also 丸く収まる
- おさ 。
- He intervened and settled the matter peacefully for the time being.
丸い 【まろい】、円い 【まるい】、円い 【まろい】
まろい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. まろい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. quite; entirely; completely; at allUsually written using kana alone
2. as if; as though; just likeUsually written using kana alone
1. in its entirety; whole; whollyUsually written using kana alone
丸事 【まるごと】、丸毎 【まるごと】
丸事: Irregular kanji usage. 丸毎: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. plump; rotund; chubby
- の 、
- Every day grandfather and grandmother gave the kitten plenty of milk, and soon the kitten grew nice and plump.
2. entirely; completely; wholly
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. completely; absolutely; totally; (not) at allUsually written using kana alone, See also 丸きり まるきり
1. to make round; to roll up; to curl up
2. to seduce; to cajole; to explain awaySee also 丸め込む
3. to round off (a fraction)
4. to lump togetherArchaism
1. column; shaft; cylinderOnly applies to 円柱
- つく 。
- They made huge, grotesque, yet beautiful poles of red cedar.
2. round pillar (esp. in buildings)See also 角柱, usu. まるばしら
円柱 【まるばしら】、丸柱 【まるばしら】
1. round shape; circle; circular form
円形 【まるがた】、丸型 【まるがた】、丸形 【まるがた】、円型 【まるがた】
1. to coax; to cajole; to wheedle; to win over; to seduceSee also 丸める
- She talks a very fast game.
2. to roll up and put into (something); to bundle up
- まるめこ 。
- She bundled all her dresses into the suitcase.
1. exposing fully; uncovering completely; being in full view; putting on display; not disguising
2. Martini (cocktail)The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and... Read more