Words — 1473 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. to run along; to run beside; to stick to (a line)
2. to follow (a policy, plan, etc.); to act in accordance with; to align with
3. to meet (wishes, expectations, etc.); to satisfy; to comply with; to live up toSee also 添う, also written 添う
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. appearing that; seeming that; looking like; having the appearance ofafter -masu stem or adj. stem
- It is going to rain soon.
Common word Links
1. in that way; thus; suchUsually written using kana alone, See also 斯う, See also ああ, See also 如何 どう, concerning the actions of the listener or concerning the ideas expressed or understood by the listener; with a neg. sentence, implies that something isn't as much as one might think
- かんが 。
- Now that I'm a grownup, I think otherwise.
2. soUsually written using kana alone, used to express agreement with something said
- いた ？」「
- べつ 」「
- "Does your back hurt?" "No, not really." "Oh, that's something then, isn't it?"
3. so?Usually written using kana alone, used to express doubt with something said
1. conception; idea; thought
- ねりなお 。
- You should rethink this program.
2. samjna (perception)Buddhism, See also 五蘊
1. to meet (wishes, expectations, etc.); to satisfy; to comply with; to live up toSee also 沿う
2. to accompany; to go with; to stay by one's side
3. to associate with (someone); to mix with
4. to marry; to wedesp. 添う
5. to be addedesp. 添う
1. layer; stratum; seam; bed
- のこ 。
- The flood deposited a layer of mud.
2. class; stratum; bracket; group
- Many firms are competing for the wealthier segment of the market.
4. counter for stories (of a building)
1. left and right; right and left
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. (asserting) control; influence; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
3. one's attendants; people accompanying one
4. (serving at somebody's) side
7. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Song dynasty (China, 960-1279); Sung dynasty
2. Liu Song dynasty (China, 420-479); Liu Sung dynasty
3. Song (ancient Chinese state, 11th century-286 BCE); Sung
1. surname; family name
- How do you pronounce your last name?
2. hereditary title (used in ancient Japan to denote rank and political standing)Only applies to せい, See also 姓 かばね
3. Family nameA family name (in Western contexts often referred to as a... Read more
姓 【しょう】、姓 【そう】
しょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. koto (13-stringed Japanese zither)
- She likes to play the koto very much.
2. stringed instrumentArchaism, Only applies to こと
3. zheng (Chinese zither); guzhengOnly applies to 箏, Only applies to 筝
4. Koto (instrument)The koto is a traditional Japanese stringed musical instr... Read more
箏 【こと】、筝 【こと】、箏 【そう】、筝 【そう】