Words — 4281 found
Common word Links
1. don'tprohibitive; used with dictionary form verb
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
2. doimperative (from なさい); used with -masu stem of verb
- Out of my way, boy.
3. hey; listen; youSee also なあ
4. now, ...; well, ...; I tell you!; you knowwhen seeking confirmation, for emphasis, etc.; used at sentence end
- I want to drink milk.
5. wow; oohused to express admiration, emotionality, etc.; used at sentence end
6. Na (kana)な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. name; given name
3. fame; renown; reputation
4. pretext; pretense; justification; appearance
2. SummerSummer is the warmest of the four temperate seasons, betw... Read more
1. summer vacation; summer holiday
2. Summer vacationSummer vacation (also called summer holidays or summer br... Read more
1. to become; to get; to grow; to turn; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to turn out; to end up; to prove (to be)Usually written using kana alone
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of; to be made up ofUsually written using kana alone, as ...からなる or ...よりなる
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to be completed; to be realized; to succeed; to be attained; to be accomplishedUsually written using kana alone
5. to change (into); to turn (into); to transformUsually written using kana alone
6. to come (to do); to begin (to do); to grow (to do)Usually written using kana alone
7. to come to; to amount to; to add up to; to makeUsually written using kana alone
8. to play (the part of); to act asUsually written using kana alone
9. to be used for; to be useful for; to serve asUsually written using kana alone
10. to be promotedShogi
11. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, as お + masu stem + になる or ご + noun+ になる
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. tear; tears; lachrymal secretion
- ながれお 。
- Two tears fell down her cheeks.
3. TearsA Tear gland/Lacrimal gland B) Superior lacrimal punctum ... Read more
泪 【なみだ】、涕 【なみだ】、涙 【なだ】、涙 【なんだ】
なだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なんだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. ups and downsIdiomatic expression
3. Wind waveIn fluid dynamics, wind waves or, more precisely, wind-ge... Read more
浪 【なみ】、濤 【なみ】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. flow (of a fluid or gas); stream; current
2. flow (of people, things); passage (of time); tide; passing; (changing) trends; tendency
- さか 。
- Tanaka's teaching goes against the stream of history.
3. course (of events); (step-by-step) procedure; process
- けっきょく 、
- Once things start going this way, in the end they'll all be much of a muchness.
4. group of people who remain together after the end of an event
5. descent; ancestry; school
- だい ２
- I would like to put special emphasis on the concept that social ecology is the second school of contemporary environmentalism.
6. forfeiture; foreclosureFinance
7. cancellationSee also お流れ, usu. as お流れ
8. drifting; wandering; roaming
1. South Pole
- あと ６０
- Even if we do this, it will be another sixty years before the Antarctic ozone hole is repaired.
3. Antarctica; South Pole
4. AntarcticThe Antarctic is a polar region, specifically the region ... Read more
1. to stream; to flow (liquid, time, etc.); to run (ink)
- ながれ 。
- The Seine flows through Paris.
2. to be washed away; to be carried
- なが 。
- Pure water was washed away to this river as well at that time.
3. to drift; to float (e.g. clouds); to wander; to stray
4. to sweep (e.g. rumour, fire); to spread; to circulate
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
5. to be heard (e.g. music); to be played
- The news has just come on the radio.
6. to lapse (e.g. into indolence, despair)
7. to pass; to elapse; to be transmitted
8. to be called off; to be forfeited
9. to disappear; to be removed
10. NagareruNagareru is a 1956 Japanese film directed by Mikio Naruse... Read more
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
- こしぬ ！
- What? You can't do it? You coward! Chicken!
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. long (distance, length)Only applies to 長い, Antonym: 短い
- か 。
- I wrote a long letter to him.
2. long (time); protracted; prolonged
- つづけ 。
- The stock market is in a prolonged slump.
2. seven years of age
3. four o'clock (old time system)