Words — 842 found
1. to see someone off (at a station, an airport, etc.); to escort (e.g. home)
- い 。
- His brother went to the station to see him off.
2. to follow something with one's eyes until it is out of sight
- みおく 。
- We watched him until he was out of sight.
3. to let pass; to pass up (an opportunity etc.); to let a pitch go by (baseball); to watch a batted ball go into the stands
- She had no incentive to work after she was refused a promotion.
4. to shelve (a plan, deliberation on a bill, etc.); to postpone
5. to have someone related or close to you die; to bury someone
6. to take care of somebody until he dies
7. to wait and see; to continue (e.g. in legal contexts)
1. to ask after (someone's health); to visit
- みま 。
- He visited a sick friend who was in the hospital.
2. to attack; to strike; to meet with misfortune; to suffer an attack
- みま 。
- An earthquake of magnitude 5 shook Tokyo.
1. sample; specimen; pattern
- くば 。
- They're giving away samples free.
2. model; example
- He is a fine type of mountain climber.
1. inspection; study by observation; field trip; tour; review
2. sitting out (e.g. PE class)
1. to look at again
2. to re-examine (policy, estimate, plan, etc.); to review
3. to get a better opinion of; to see in a more positive light
4. to improve; to recover (market, illness, etc.)
1. miserable; wretched; unhappy; sad; pitiable
不見目: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to overlook; to command a view of; to look down on
2. to despise; to look down onSee also 見下す
1. ugly; unattractive
- うつく 」
- みにく 」
- The words 'beautiful' and 'ugly' are relative terms.
2. unsightly; unseemlySee also 醜い争い
- ひきさ 。
- The ugly side of myself tears me up.
1. shameful; disgraceful; indecent; unseemly; unbecoming; improperUsually written using kana alone
1. hope; promise; possibility; chance; probability; likelihood
2. expectation; anticipation; forecast; estimate
3. side of a structural memberSee also 見付 みつけ
見込: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. viewpoint; point of view
2. way of understanding; way of appreciating; how to look at something (e.g. noh, train schedule)esp. 〜の見方
1. unobstructed view; perspective; visibility; vista
2. forecast; outlook; prospect; prediction
3. insight; foresight
見透し 【みとおし】、見通 【みとおし】
見通: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to look out over; to survey (scene); to take an extensive view of
1. to try; to attempt; to have a go (at something)
1. to miss; to overlook; to fail to notice
2. to let pass (a matter); to overlook (e.g. a wrongdoing); to turn a blind eye to
3. to pass up (e.g. an opportunity)
4. to let (a good ball) go byBaseball
見のがす 【みのがす】、見遁す 【みのがす】、見逃がす 【みのがす】
見逃がす: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. view; prospect; outlook
2. viewing platform; overlookAbbreviation, See also 見晴らし台
見晴し 【みはらし】、見はらし 【みはらし】