Words — 364 found
1. constant; persistent; unremitting; ceaseless
- ひつよう 。
- The brain needs a continuous supply of blood.
3. usual; normal; everyday; habitual; ordinarySee also 普段, now written as 普段
1. everyday clothes; ordinary clothes; casual wear; informal dress
ふだん着 【ふだんぎ】、不断着 【ふだんぎ】
1. decisive action; carrying out; resolute enforcement; execution
1. notice; notification; warning
- She drove my car without so much as asking.
2. permission; consent
3. rejection; refusal; nonacceptance; declination; declining
4. excuse; plea
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. section; cross section; profile
2. Cross section (geometry)In geometry, a cross-section is the intersection of a fig... Read more
1. cutting; severance; section; amputation; disconnection
截断 【せつだん】、接断 【せつだん】、截断 【さいだん】
接断: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to cut apart (cloth, paper, etc.)
2. to sever (ties); to break off (relationship); to overcome (habit, addiction)Only applies to 断ち切る, Only applies to 断切る
- You should cut off your connections with that group.
3. to cut off (enemy's retreat); to block (road, etc.); to disconnectOnly applies to 断ち切る, Only applies to 断切る
断切る 【たちきる】、截ち切る 【たちきる】、裁ち切る 【たちきる】、絶ちきる 【たちきる】
1. indecisive; irresolute; shilly-shally; vacillatingYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. isolation; cut off; blockade; quarantine; interception; deprivation
1. outrageous; preposterous; scandalous; inexcusable; absurd; execrableYojijukugo (four character compound)
言語道斷 【ごんごどうだん】、言語同断 【ごんごどうだん】
言語道斷: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 言語同断: Irregular kanji usage.
1. one's last moments; death throes; agony of death
断末摩 【だんまつま】、断末間 【だんまつま】
断末間: Irregular kanji usage.
1. cutting in two with a single strokeYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. taking decisive action; dealing with decisively; cutting the (Gordian) knotYojijukugo (four character compound)
- Why don't you try expressing your opinion a little more gently? Think about how he feels getting told flatly that he's being cut loose.