Words — 42 found
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. to pass (of time); to elapse
1. to be erected; to be built
1. to sever; to cut off
2. to suppress; to eradicate; to exterminate
3. to abstain (from); to give up
絶つ 【たつ】、斷つ 【たつ】
斷つ: Out-dated kanji.
Common word Links
1. fifth sign of the Chinese zodiac (The Dragon, 7am-9am, east-southeast, March)
2. Dragon (zodiac)The Dragon is one of the 12-year cycle of animals which a... Read more
1. dragon (esp. a Chinese dragon)See also ドラゴン
- I have always wanted to see a dragon, but dragons are not real creatures.
2. naga; semi-divine human-cobra chimera in Hindu and Buddhist mythology
3. promoted rookShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to りゅう, Only applies to りょう, See also 竜王 りゅうおう
4. Chinese dragonChinese dragons are mythical creatures in Chinese mytholo... Read more
竜 【たつ】、竜 【りょう】、龍 【りゅう】、龍 【たつ】、龍 【りょう】
1. tornado; waterspout
3. TornadoA tornado is a violently rotating column of air that is i... Read more
1. seahorse; sea horseUsually written using kana alone
2. SeahorseSeahorse is the title given to forty-seven species of mar... Read more
1. wedge sea hare (Dolabella auricularia)Usually written using kana alone
2. Dolabella auriculariaDolabella auricularia, common name the "wedge sea hare", ... Read more
1. dish of fish or meat flavoured with soy sauce, mirin, etc., coated with starch and then deep-friedFood term
竜田揚 【たつたあげ】、立田揚げ 【たつたあげ】、立田揚 【たつたあげ】
立田揚げ: Irregular kanji usage. 立田揚: Irregular kanji usage.