Words — 18 found
1. hard; solid; toughesp. 固い and 堅い for wood, 硬い for metal and stone
- Boil the eggs hard.
2. stiff; tight; wooden; unpolished (e.g. writing)
- This lid is too tight for me to open.
3. strong; firm (not viscous or easily moved)
- The frame of the machine should be rigid.
4. safe; steady; honest; steadfast
5. obstinate; stubborn
6. bookish; formal; stuffyAntonym: 砕けた
- You don't have to be so formal.
固い 【かたい】、堅い 【かたい】、緊い 【かたい】
緊い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. lower leg bone (esp. the tibia and the fibula, but sometimes also including the patella)