Words — 521 found
1. hostel; dormitory
- My university has a dorm.
2. bureau (government department beneath a ministry under the ritsuryō system)Archaism, See also 律令制
3. tea-ceremony roomArchaism, See also 茶寮
4. villaArchaism, See also 別荘
5. DormitoryA dormitory, often shortened to dorm, in the United State... Read more
1. both (hands, parents, sides, etc.)
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. counter for carriages (e.g. in a train); counter for vehiclesSee also 輛 りょう
3. ryō; tael; traditional unit of weight (for gold, silver and drugs), 4-5 monme, 15-19 gSee also 匁 もんめ
4. ryō; pre-Meiji unit of currency, orig. the value of one ryō of gold
5. ryō; traditional measure of fabric, 2 tanSee also 反 たん
- This train is made up of seven cars.
6. ryō; tael; unit of weight under the ritsuryō system, 1/16 kin, 42-43 gArchaism, See also 斤
7. counter for suits of clothing, sets of armor, etc.Archaism, See also 領 りょう
9. TaelTael or tahil can refer to any one of several weight meas... Read more
1. good (quality, condition, etc.)
- The tomato crop is of good quality.
2. Good (grade); Bon a 優, 良, 可 scale
- I got two Bs this semester.
1. territory (of country, feudal domain, etc.)
2. counter for suits of clothing, sets of armor, etc.Archaism, See also 両 りょう
1. fishing; gathering seafood (e.g. clams, seaweed)
2. catch (e.g. of fish); haulSee also 豊漁 ほうりょう
1. Liao (Manchurian dynasty; 916-1125 CE); Khitan EmpireHistorical term
2. Liao DynastyThe Liao Dynasty, also known as the Khitan Empire, was an... Read more
1. fact; truth; understanding; considerationSee also 諒とする
了: Irregular kanji usage.
1. counter for carriages (e.g. in a train); counter for vehiclesSee also 両 りょう
1. dragon (esp. a Chinese dragon)See also ドラゴン
- I have always wanted to see a dragon, but dragons are not real creatures.
2. naga; semi-divine human-cobra chimera in Hindu and Buddhist mythology
3. promoted rookShogi, Abbreviation, Only applies to りゅう, Only applies to りょう, See also 竜王 りゅうおう
4. Chinese dragonChinese dragons are mythical creatures in Chinese mytholo... Read more
竜 【たつ】、竜 【りょう】、龍 【りゅう】、龍 【たつ】、龍 【りょう】
1. food; provisions
- あた 。
- Give water to the thirsty and food to the hungry.
2. nourishment (mental, spiritual, etc.); sustenance (e.g. of one's life); source of encouragementOnly applies to かて
- つづ 。
- If music be the food of love, play on.
糧 【りょう】、糧 【かりて】、粮 【かて】、粮 【りょう】、粮 【かりて】
かりて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かりて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. cooking; cookery; cuisine; meal; food; dish; item on a menu
- These apples are good cookers.
2. (easily) dealing with something; handling (well)
- ところ ：
- Good points: The pleasure of disposing of enemies with a variety of combos.
3. CuisineCuisine (from French cuisine, "cooking; culinary art; kit... Read more