Words — 1 found
1. to shut; to close; to fasten; to lock
2. to block (a street, entrance, etc.)Only applies to とざす
- と 。
- Japan's rice market is closed to imports.
3. to shut in (with snow, ice, etc.); to shut off; to cut off; to cover (e.g. in darkness)Only applies to とざす, usu. in the passive
- と 。
- The lake was bound in ice.
4. to consume (with negative feelings); to fill (e.g. with sadness); to bury (e.g. in grief)Only applies to とざす, usu. in the passive
鎖す 【とざす】、鎖す 【さす】
鎖す: Rarely-used kanji form. 鎖す: Rarely-used kanji form.